Gmail is one of the best free webmail service. It’s also possible to access Gmail inbox using IMAP and POP. If proper configured, you will be able to retrieve your Gmail messages with a client like Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook. This post will shows you the steps to enable IMAP in Gmail account :
Steps to enable IMAP on Gmail account:
1. Sign in to your Gmail account.
2. Click on the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings. This will bring you to configuration screen.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
4. By default IMAP is not enabled. Select Enable IMAP.
5. Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes.
- You can configure what is the next action when I mark a message in IMAP as deleted.
- You also can configure what is the next action when a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder.
6. Follow the “Configuration instructions” to configure your mail client such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Android and iPhone.
You can use the following information to configure IMAP with many mail clients :
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server – requires SSL:
Use SSL: Yes